EAA is committed to helping refugee and host countries with rapid-response collection of IFERB resources that are:
- Low-resource requiring
- Easily Facilitated
- Bespoke to their needs and
- Available in local languages
These resources include project based, game based, activity based learning resources and also storybooks, socio-emotional learning routines and other learning materials that are all levelled for 2 – 14 year olds and available for free-download and use.
The resources include:
- Socio-Emotional Learning Package - Co-developed with Amal Alliance, it includes the award-winning Colors of Kindness program that equips children with the tools and exercises to positively cope with the new changes and manage their emotions in a healthy manner.
- Survival English Package - A series of 3 activity books for different age groups to learn important words in English that will help children overcome communication barriers as they transit to and settle in different countries.
- Flashcards - Available in Dari and Pashto, the flashcards can be used to practise survival English vocabulary words and also as a tool to communicate with authorities.
- Games Books - Physically engaging and fun Math and English games that also help children revise survival English vocabulary and basic numeracy skills.
- Life Skills Package - Project-based learning resources to help children develop essential skills such as maintaining good health, budgeting, goal-setting, resolving conflicts respectfully, etc.
- Host Country Package - Project-based learning resources to help host and refugee communities integrate better focusing on cultural themes and practical skills such as cuisine, folk-stories, geographical surroundings, currency etc.
- Bedtime Stories - A collection of stories that families can read together to address difficult emotions around loss, anxiety and separation with a clear message of hope along with simple suggested activities. (Coming soon)
- Literacy and Numeracy Packages - For English speakers, these cover curricular topics and deep-dive into developing English literacy and Math skills.
- Project Based Learning Resources - Interdisciplinary, week-long project based resources that have been contextualized for children to understand important themes of empathy, connection - differences, self-expression etc. by learning by interacting with their environment. (Coming soon)
To report any concerns or feedback please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All of these resources are available in English – and specific resources are available in Dari and Pashto and in Ukrainian-Russian and Polish.
The entire emergency response content suite can be accessed below: