EAA is committed to helping Afghan refugee children worldwide have access to uninterrupted learning that is relevant and holistic. The content suite below is a collection of cost-free, screen-free, and engaging resources, designed as workbooks, created specifically for these children.
Moreover, it promotes continuity across borders and can be shared with concerned authorities in countries that will eventually host these children to ensure consistency in their educational development.
Each workbook is designed for month-long learning for 4 to 16 year-olds and can be student-led or supported by volunteers, only requiring basic stationery such as paper and pencils. Instructions are also available in Dari and Pashto.
- Socio-Emotional Learning Package - Co-developed with Amal Alliance, it includes the award-winning Colors of Kindness program that equips children with the tools and exercises to positively cope with the new changes and manage their emotions in a healthy manner.
- Survival English Package - A series of 3 activity books for different age groups to learn important words in English that will help children overcome communication barriers as they transit to and settle in different countries.
- Flashcards - Available in Dari and Pashto, the flashcards can be used to practise survival English vocabulary words and also as a tool to communicate with authorities.
- Games Books - Physically engaging and fun Math and English games that also help children revise survival English vocabulary and basic numeracy skills.
- Life Skills Package - Project-based learning resources to help children develop essential skills such as maintaining good health, budgeting, goal-setting, resolving conflicts respectfully, etc.
- Host Country Package - Project-based learning resources to help children understand and assimilate their host country better.
- Literacy and Numeracy Packages - For English speakers, these cover curricular topics and deep-dive into developing English literacy and Math skills.
For more information or support please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org